Friday, December 16, 2005

Coming soon

Possessed by the spirit of Uncle Leo, I proclaim, “Hello!”

Fuck it’s been over a week since the last update, mainly due to me being snowed under with essays, and tests, and audio art, and early mornings, and E.P Thompson, and a whole load of shit. But now that’s over. So expect a series of wild untamed updates coming straight at your jowls from Generic Mugwump in the next short while.

But what exactly are we in store for? Well I currently have homework from Blogcritics in the form of writing a review of metal band Demiricous’ debut album, that’ll be inked and blotted very soon. There will be a Xmas treat for all the kiddies out there in the form of A Fahey Christmas Carol. And some other stuff, probably.

While I’m here I may as well update on the current “cultural terrors” (The Duke, 2005). Oops sorry, academia flashback.

I’ve been watching anime TV series Paranoia Agent recently, although I’m only four episodes into it, but I will say this, it rocks. That there up and to the right is a still of said show, I think it’s pretty obvious from that that it rules more than five flaming cataracts imbedded within the skull globe of Tony Scott. That pink creature is the coolest and cutest thing that ever was born from the atom.

Some other recent viewings include the new Jarmusch Broken Flowers, the excellent rockumentary Dig!, and the documentary Guerrilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst.

Currently I’m reading Marx’s Capital, although I’m only on chapter 2, I blame those time-consuming educational preoccupations for that insolence.

I’ve been listening to Mesmerize by System of a Down, as well as the new album Hypnotize. My lungs have also been quivering to the aural intonations of Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, Opeth, and The Fall. Oh, and ‘Fairytale of New York’ by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, because it’s easily the greatest Christmas song ever recorded.

So anyway, keep those sight sockets peeled in this general direction in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mat Brewster said...

How was Broken Flowers? It's been on my must see list for awhile, but I just don't get to the movies like I once did.

-Mat Brewster

3:02 am  
Blogger Aaron Fleming said...

It was good. Bill Murray continues to show that he can do arty funny as well as anyone.

And I'd imagine if you like Jarmusch you would dig it, let me just say that it's not as good as Coffee and Cigarettes, but better than Dead Man, just to try and place it in context.

3:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home